Worm Watch Lab Talk

Black Screen

• swan1829 by swan1829

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but half of my worm videos are just a black screen.

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist

You might find a rare video that doesn't have a worm, but it should never be a black screen. The only thing I can suggest right now is to try refreshing the page.

Posted

• swan1829 by swan1829

refreshing helped 2 days ago...but not any more. Sadly..I dont think I will be able to contribute to this project unless some techno can help me. Starts off with the opening shot of a worm the when I press start it becomes a black screen.

Posted

• swan1829 by swan1829

ok...have discovered that I have to refresh up to 15 black screens before I can get a video to start.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I get a black screen approximately every 15th screen. I am able to restart and get the worm video. So far, resetting the program has cleared things for about 15 screens.

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru in response to Mizaru's comment.

I am currently using google chrome. Msn is faster but green screens show up so often that it seems slower in the end.

Posted

• delete_adc0630b by delete_adc0630b

I use Internet Explorer. Sometimes, after having viewed a number of videos, the screen goes black black. I leave Worm Watch Lab and later come back to start again. Bit of a nuisance. In my latest video that went dark the worm laid two eggs. I could watch the video on the Discussion page, but I couldn't mark the time.

Posted

• annette by annette

Plagued by the dreaded black screen, even for demo. Have only managed to see 1 video, refreshing does not help. Sometimes see worm at beginning, then goes black when press start. Is this anything to do with unsing Vista?

Posted

• Mizaru by Mizaru

I have not had a black screen in two days. 😃

Posted

• worm-watcher by worm-watcher

Hmm. Not widely tested then. You need to get a variety of browsers, devices and OSes.

Don't just assume a PC with Windows and Internet Explorer. I know that Microsoft would like you to think that this is how the world looks, but it ain't any more, and luckily that combination is getting smaller by the day.

Posted

Oh yes, and by operating systems I DON'T MEAN WinXP, Win2000 and Win 7!!

I mean Linux, Android and Apple's IOS as well. The wonders of the Internet and open protocols means you don't have to be tied to a particular vendor. Don't exclude people like me because I refuse to pay the Microsoft tax and choose to have a free OS.

Posted

If it helps it may not be OS related (and I may have to calm down a bit!). Firebug is giving me lots of messages like this:

"NetworkError: 404 Not Found - http://zooniverse-avatars.s3.amazonaws.com/ouroboros/804910"

Not sure why -- hope this helps.

Posted

• jojojlj by jojojlj

I've been having the same trouble with black screens. Windows OS, Chrome browser. Sorry but I think I'll go back to my favorite projects, Notes from Nature and Cyclone.

Posted