Worm Watch Lab Talk

Blog Post & Tips: How to Collect Similar Images with Tag Groups

• DZM by DZM admin

Hi zooites!

I've come to realize lately that one of the more useful features of the current generation of Talk is not very well-advertised or widely used. Certainly nobody's fault here... I myself didn't fully understand it until just the other day!

With "tag group" collections, also called "live" collections or "keyword" collections, you can create a collection that is automatically populated with all of the images containing a certain hashtag. This is a great way to locate tagged images without having to rely on the (currently rather buggy) search system.

In case there's anyone else out there who was unaware of this feature, or who has never tried using it, I've put together this blog post explaining what tag groups are and how to use them. I hope you find it helpful!

Let me know if anyone has any more questions on this topic! πŸ˜ƒ

DZM

Posted

• m4ndara by m4ndara

Hi DZM,

I created a tag group called "Kindergarten" which should include the hashtags "baby", "babyworms", "larva" and "larvae". It's still empty although I marked at least one video with the hashtag "babyworms". Do you have any ideas what went wrong?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to m4ndara's comment.

I do.

At this point, there is no way to create a collection that includes, say, on Operation War Diary, #casualty or #sniperβ€”only objects that have #casualty and #sniper. You can, however, exclude certain tags: e.g., all #casualty objects not also tagged #sniper, or #casualty and #sniper but no #horses.

So, unfortunately, your tag group right now is trying to collect videos that have all of those hashtags, not any of them. We don't have a way to do "any" of them, which is really unfortunate, I know, but that's what we have right now. You might have to make four separate tag groups--one for each of those terms.

Sorry for the inconvenience!!

Posted

• m4ndara by m4ndara

No problem!
    It's not really important to me, I just wanted to give it a try and see how it works.
    Thanks for your answer πŸ˜ƒ

Posted