Worm Watch Lab Talk

eggs laid

• stonepenny by stonepenny

would it be possible to add an 'eggs already laid' button? I'd be using it all the time.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I think it'd be superfluous because that information is not helpful to the team... only eggs that are laid during the video are helpful? (A team member can confirm.)

Posted

• stonepenny by stonepenny

What is the accuracy percentage of Worm Watch, the present way?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I don't know about an exact percentage... you'd have to ask the science team... but it seems like the data that they are getting is extremely useful to them! 😃

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist

It's true, we're only interested in when the eggs are laid. In terms of accuracy, it depends how you measure it. There are certainly a lot of mistaken classifications, but because each video gets seen by many people, it looks like we're going to be able to extract an accurate classification in the end. And DZM is right, the data we're getting is definitely useful to us!

Posted

• MiaG by MiaG

I haven't seen much egg laying... most has already been laid before the video clip I'm given begins yet others press z...

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator in response to miapearl's comment.

Don't worry about the people who are marking the eggs already there!. You're right, they shouldn't be marked, and the best thing to do is say no eggs and move on to the next video.

Posted