Worm Watch Lab Talk

Video never starts

• Dermaptera by Dermaptera

I can't get the video to even start! I press x but nothing happens.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Are you able to click the white box that says "Click to start"? Might just be I'm not capturing the keyboard input properly on all OSes. What is your OS/browser combination?

Posted

• tridymite by tridymite

same here

Posted

• RoyalOcean by RoyalOcean

I found it doesn't work on Google Chrome but it's fine on my Firefox browser.

Posted

• bocknobby by bocknobby

Likewise . . . video would not start in Chrome.

Posted

• SandersClan by SandersClan

Me, too, with Chrome.

Posted

• Persipan by Persipan

I had the same problem in Chrome. When viewing the tutorial, all the boxes would still pop up to say "Look! An egg laying event!" or whatever, but the video itself wasn't actually playing so no amount of looking was going to help. It's fine in IE, though.

Posted

• bum14 by bum14

Is everyone having issues during the tutorial, or is it when viewing a random worm?

Posted

• CosmicLatte by CosmicLatte

Using Chrome and the tutorial's not working. It tells me to click to begin, then tells me to press 'Z' if I spot an egg, but the video is stuck at 0:00s and pressing 'Z' only results in the message "Egg at 0:00". I once got it to display a spinning red circle, but that's the extent of its functionality in my browser.

Posted

• bumishness by bumishness admin

Could anyone having this issue take a peek in the browser console to see if any errors appear? You can open the console by press Control-Shift-J on Windows or Command-Option-J on Mac.

Posted

• 3Simplex by 3Simplex

Using chrome i had video only after clicking the window several times and still it would only play sporadically. It would blank to black screen when i tried to roll back the video to get more accurate time stamps. Then it just stopped playing altogether. Using ie tab works fine but just using ie user agent does not work.

Posted

• standgale by standgale

I got this error in chrome. But I also can't view the video in firefox either.

In chrome the video sits on time 0 of 30. the tutorial tips progress through but the video doesn't change, although a red circle appears on it.

edit - doh, it has formatting before posting but not after. I wanted to do a screenshot but can't upload files?

Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type video/mp4: "http://www.wormwatchlab.org/tutorial/subject/519a3eb2447b5e2c3d000018.mp4". application.410f13f06983fb5ab17948b9be0d4443.js:4
    Resource interpreted as Image but transferred with MIME type video/mp4: "http://www.wormwatchlab.org/tutorial/subject/519a3eb2447b5e2c3d000018.mp4". www.wormwatchlab.org/:29
    ["Video Error", Object]
    0: "Video Error"
    1: Object
    AT_TARGET: 2
    Ab: function d(){return l}
    BLUR: 8192
    BUBBLING_PHASE: 3
    CAPTURING_PHASE: 1
    CHANGE: 32768
    CLICK: 64
    Cb: function c(){return f}
    DBLCLICK: 128
    DRAGDROP: 2048
    FOCUS: 4096
    KEYDOWN: 256
    KEYPRESS: 1024
    KEYUP: 512
    MOUSEDOWN: 1
    MOUSEDRAG: 32
    MOUSEMOVE: 16
    MOUSEOUT: 8
    MOUSEOVER: 4
    MOUSEUP: 2
    NONE: 0
    SELECT: 16384
    bubbles: false
    cancelBubble: true
    cancelable: true
    clipboardData: undefined
    currentTarget: video#worm-video_html5_api.vjs-tech
    defaultPrevented: false
    eventPhase: 2
    initEvent: function initEvent() { [native code] }
    nc: function d(){return l}
    preventDefault: function (){e.preventDefault&&e.preventDefault();a.returnValue=l;a.Ab=c}
    relatedTarget: undefined
    returnValue: true
    srcElement: video#worm-video_html5_api.vjs-tech
    stopImmediatePropagation: function (){e.stopImmediatePropagation&&
    stopPropagation: function (){e.stopPropagation&&e.stopPropagation();a.cancelBubble=f;a.Cb=c}
    target: video#worm-video_html5_api.vjs-tech
    timeStamp: 1372887691847
    type: "error"
    which: undefined
    proto: Object
    length: 2
    proto: Array[0]

Posted

• susie2110 by susie2110

Not working for me either, using Chrome.
    Array[2]
    video.js:20
    Array[2]

?????

Posted

• domanite by domanite

I'm seeing this problem in Firefox - when I click the button to start the tutorial, a little spinner shows up in the video window (but the video doesn't start), and on the console I get this output:

--
    [13:19:28.783] GET http://www.wormwatchlab.org/tutorial/subject/519a3eb2447b5e2c3d000018.mp4 [HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content 5306ms]

Posted

• Anaclaudia by Anaclaudia

I'm having the same problem: chrome 27.0.1453.116 m

Console:
    Array[2]

Posted

• Anaclaudia by Anaclaudia

I waited few seconds before click on the start, and I didn't have more problems. But when I try to see the videos again, the image freezes.

Posted

• becker_design by becker_design

I'm using Chrome on Mac and it seems to be working fine.
    Version 27.0.1453.116 (latest) on 10.6.8.

Posted

• Helice by Helice

Chrome isn't working for me! The video never loads even though I can click through the tutorial.

Posted