Worm Watch Lab Talk

You are the first person to see this worm!

• jules by jules

....You get a 200 point spotter award.

I have had this message for every video I have done so far (over 100). Is this right? Just wondering if it is a bug.

Posted

• stewjack by stewjack

Perhaps you have not sighed-in.Look for the word "Profile" near the top of the screen. If you don't see it you are still in training mode.

This is my Profile:

Worms Observed: 21

Score: 4,200

Posted

• RedTrev by RedTrev

Think it's a bug. I had this message on a video, went to comment on it and somebody had already done so yesterday...

Posted

• geckzilla by geckzilla

Where at, stewjack? I checked your profile and couldn't any kind of score anywhere. I do think the scoring thing is kind of silly but I guess if it encourages people to keep searching then it is helpful.

Posted

• becker_design by becker_design

I found a worm while training before I logged in and then when I logged in I had a score of 200 as a first spotter. Since then I have identified about 5 laying events and not received any more scores. I feel cheated. Really! : )

Posted

• glewald by glewald

Yeah, I was going to ask the same question or how many worms are there that we haven't started to cycle over. I'm logged in and my profile shows 38 worms and a score of 7,600. I've spotted several eggs; but guess you son't get points for those.

Will this affect my check??

Posted

• sbpj by sbpj

This person has signed in from day one, noted her Profile and is also noted when she comes online - nonetheless despite being first (and I really thought I was as the email arrived when I happened to be looking so logged in there and then) I still get non existent 200 points and absolutely non-existent egg points! in fact my profile doesn't mention points at all.

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist in response to glewald's comment.

We have about 10 000 15 minute videos, so about 300 000 clips once they've been cut to 30 seconds.

I'm sorry, but i'm not sure how the points are updated/displayed on your profile page. I'll try to find out...

Posted

• kelshandra by kelshandra

I've got the same message on the classify screen. It appeared in one of the first video's and then stayed there. So under my profile name it has a score of 200 and then to the right the 'spotters award' message and it never changes. Clicking on profile I can see my actual score/stats but it's clearly a bug.

It would be nice to have the stats on the classify page- not because I am fussed about the score, but it is interesting to see how many worms I've looked at, plus always seeing that 'Spotters award' is a bit annoying.

Posted

• areinders by areinders

I've got the same situation that kelshandra described. The counter is just stuck on 200 and it says "you are the first person to see this worm...". I can see how many classifications I did on my Zooniverse profile, though.

Posted