Worm Watch Lab Talk

DZM

• 2ndgm by 2ndgm

Did you see the comment in just chatting from 6 days ago? You might want to respond.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

I saw it, but I wasn't sure really how to respond. Most of our Zooniverse projects have prompts for people to sign in, but I guess Worm Watch Lab (being a slightly older project) doesn't?

If people don't sign in, however, it does still track classifications by IP address, so the classifications are still valuable. We do want people to sign in, but this is the first time I've heard of someone not realizing that they should... ?

Does the system not prompt you to register/sign in, here?

Posted

• 2ndgm by 2ndgm

As I remember it required a sign in to play the first time but does not thereafter except to reach talk, or profile, or something. He might be glad to know that his work was still counted even though he didn't get credit for the points. Actually, to me the points don't matter much but I do like to keep track of how many videos I've watched.

Posted

• 2ndgm by 2ndgm

I checked. It does say "sign in to play" where the player name appears - but isn't required. Only required for the profile which makes sense. So there is fair warning. I didn't mean to be critical anyway, just sympathetic to a player who wants to be counted.

Posted