Worm Watch Lab Talk

Smoothe graphics over time

• kosmala by kosmala

I just did my 10 worms per Grant's email. But the interface is so hard on the eyes. I realize that the outlining of the worm and the dots for the various important parts are important, but they flicker constantly. And that is what is so hard to look at -- not the worm itself, but the flickering graphics that are overlaid. It might be worth tweaking the graphics algorithm (assuming you have the graphics separate from the raw worm footage) to smooth the graphics over time so that they don't flicker. If these worms weren't so uncomfortable to watch, I'd be willing to do more of them. My two cents. Good luck!

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist

One thing that can make it easier on the eyes (and faster!) is to click and drag the progress bar at the bottom of the video. So long as you don't go so fast that you miss things, this is a good way to get through more videos and avoid the flickering outline.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to aexbrown's comment.

Also, this doesn't always work well in Firefox. We recommend a different browser if you plan to use the bar-dragging to speed up the process. 😃

Posted