Worm Watch Lab Talk

Video Problems (Chrome)

• NorthHill by NorthHill

I am using Chrome browser (auto-updates itself) for Worm Watch. I have much trouble with the videos freezing, and the "Next Worm" button not activating. I wait, but it doesn't unfreeze. I reload and that has sometimes worked... but if it is freezing, it is probably messing up the record of my view and marks, making it moot for me to participate.

Posted

• Scaramouche by Scaramouche

Try Firefox. Works well for me.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

There is a version of Chrome ( all reports are on 41.0.2272.89 m so far ) that is causing issues with the site, please try using IE(I know, eww IE)

I wish I could help figuring out what's going on here, I am on Chrome 41.0.2272.76 on all my devices and they report they are up to date.

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi Quia , I am having problems so I will try to update and report back. thank you for the information , Ian 😃

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi Quia , I deleted chrome on my computer Windows 7 Professional and downloaded Google chrome 41.0.2272.89 and I have the same problem : IE when I click to begin (I use a mouse) the video runs and when it stops the options on bottom of the screen do not appear so I cannot re-run the video , I cannot move the video to TALK , I cannot move the blue video line to time the egg laying . I have not had any problems before , using Chrome . Cheers , Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

I am going to try and us firefox. Ian

Posted

• shocko61 by shocko61

Hi Quia, Hi Scaramouche , thank you , I tried on Firefox and I have had Firefox for years and it works well . I noticed that Chrome still has a rectangle in the top Left corner of the video that spins when the video is loading , in Firefox the timing line across the bottom of the video has a white line that moves across the timer line and then the video starts . I do not know if that has anything to do with Chrome not working or not , just an observation .I hope this is a help Cheers,Ian 😃

Posted