Worm Watch Lab Talk

Moving back and forth along video

• DavePallant by DavePallant

At the moment I can click along the video as long as the video is playing. The moment the video finishes I cannot press Z any more and I cannot edit the results. If I see an egg in the last second of the video I have no way of entering that egg. If I see something at the end I should be able to move back into the video or start the video from the start again so that I can add the Z.

Posted

• DavePallant by DavePallant

Looks like I can restart a video by clicking in the video area. Its annoying that X can start the video the first time but not again after that.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Glad you got this sorted on your own!

Pressing X at the end of a video will actually take you to the next worm, as this is the more commonly desired behavior at the end of a video.

Posted

• JOsment by JOsment

I have the same problem - about 3 eggs were laid about 1-2 secs before the end of the video, but when I dragged the cursor back and forth and clicked the 'laying' button, it would not change its decision that I saw 0 eggs. How can we really restart the video, resetting a 0 result to null?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to JOsment's comment.

@JOsment -- do you have this same issue in multiple browsers? Thanks!!

Posted

• 2ndgm by 2ndgm

When I miss an egg at the end and can't slide the cursor back to record it , I click on the video to rerun the entire video and stop it at 28 or 29 seconds to record the egg laying. That adds the missed egg to any others that have already been recorded.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

You can only mark eggs while the video is in play mode, so you have to start it back up it once you've hit the end.

Clicking on the video when it's at the very end will start it from the beginning. Or you can drag the progress bar to before the egg laying then click the video, to start it at that point.

Posted