Worm Watch Lab Talk

Videos will not load?

• ssgiris by ssgiris

I'm currently using Firefox. The video will not load to completion so I cannot watch it to the end. I have videos not load at all or load partially but freeze at about 24 seconds in. I watch the spinning box in the upper left corner of the video go 'round, which means something is happening. I'm using a Windows 7 OS, and using Firefox 36.0.1. I've rebooted my computer to no avail.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Sorry you're having problems! Can you try using another browser, IE or Chrome? The website works fine on all three browsers for most users, but for some people it doesn't work on their usual browser and switching fixes it.

Posted

• ssgiris by ssgiris

Videos won't load on Chrome (never did). Won't load on IE 11. First thing I always try is alternate browsers. Second thing is clearing caches. Third thing is rebooting. Videos still not loading today, on any browser. 😦

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Well that's especially odd. Can you try opening the dev console (ctr+shift+i in chrome and firefox) and copying whatever error messages come up when you try and load the video? Maybe we can figure out what's going on.

Do ANY html5 video players work for you? Does this work? http://www.w3.org/2010/05/video/mediaevents.html

Posted

• ssgiris by ssgiris

Videos currently working.

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

Hopefully whatever's fixed stays that way!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to Quia's comment.

Me too; let us know if it breaks again!

Posted