Worm Watch Lab Talk

Movement of worms???

• 7bluebird7 by 7bluebird7

I can see no movement of the worm I'm watching......could it be dead?

Also, the clock timer at the bottom of the screen is not moving.......have I got a 'dud' worm here?
    Regards

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist

Some of the worms move very little because of a mutation, but if the clock timer isn't changing the video is probably not playing. Clicking the video might start it again. If that doesn't work, I would try refreshing the page.

Posted

Thank you aexbrown for your comment.........................I have done exactly as you described above, but the worm is still not moving at all. Please assist in getting me started. Thanks.

Posted

....also the timer is still not moving.

Posted

.....there is something wrong with the video......it's not working!...

Posted

.......all of a sudden the video started, and I marked an egg, but when I went onto the second video......the problem of the video not starting began again! I'm going to give up for now, and try again later.

Sorry, I did try to assist, but if your technical side is not working properly, I can do no more for you.

Posted

• chaoticidealism by chaoticidealism

Do they sleep sometimes?

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist in response to 7bluebird7's comment.

Sorry it's not working for you and thanks for the effort. If you post your browser and operating system that will help to identify the problem.

Posted

• aexbrown by aexbrown scientist in response to chaoticidealism's comment.

Worms do go into a sleep-like state between larval stages when they're developing. They can also become inactive on high quality food once they're full but that's unlikely in these videos because of the food they're on. If you see a worm that's not moving, the most likely reason is that it's an uncoordinated mutant that's just not able to move very much.

Posted

• sbpj by sbpj

It's the ones that whiz about that are fascinating and the fact that they reverse so beautifully and round corners! However I am glad that there are some that are comatose as it gives my eyes a rest!

Posted