Worm Watch Lab Talk

Egg count problem - Future

• rlb66 by rlb66

When I hit "Start" sometimes it says I counted one egg before video starts ( I did not).
    It seems that 100% of the time I am competing against someone else and say zero eggs the other person says one. This is statistically impossible as that many people can not be wrong when it is obvious there is nothing there. I even competed against myself once and said zero and my former self said one. This is a computer problem. However, when eggs are laid I have a reasonable match %.
    Some very high egg counts have been reported, which makes no sense, because no on can hit the Z key or eggs laid button that fast in 15 seconds. Although I am not sure what holding the Z key down does or if there is some other repeat function.

Posted

• yshish by yshish in response to rlb66xyz's comment.

Yes, holding the Z makes a really huge long number if pressed for 15 seconds (and even for much shorter time). I can imagine there are users who don't realize they are able to remove the marks (or they just give it up after making so many of them). Anyway, the behaviour you have described before sounds odd and smells like a bug to me too.

Posted

• rlb66 by rlb66

Can they make holding the Z key down as inoperative except for the count of one. Repress for two.

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

Would be a good idea for a rebuild, yes!

Posted