Worm Watch Lab Talk

eggs or poop?

• stonepenny by stonepenny

#egg at the beginning, then, at about 22, eggs or poop left side? Eggs are supposed to come from the middle of the worm, not the end.
    Image AWS0000m69
    http://talk.wormwatchlab.org/#/subjects/AWS0000m69

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator

All the dots here are eggs. There are two still touching the worm at the start, you shouldn't mark these as the worm has already laid them, a previous video will have the egg laying event, where the eggs come out of the middle of the worm, that should be marked.

At 22, I see that the outline has a glitch that makes it select a dark part of the background, near the end of the worm marked with the green dot. You can ignore these types of events, it's just the software getting confused at the darkness of the background.

Posted

ty. I'm clear on this - so many are marking eggs when 1) they're already present before the video starts, 2) marking poop as egg. My frustration, as this is Citizen Science, and the 'worm' graphic appears aimed at children, not my age - I've been married over 25 years!

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to stonepenny's comment.

Even if one person has marked an egg, the interface will tell you about it... but ignore other people's classifications. They will be sorted out by the other citizen scientists like you marking everything correctly... that is citizen science, for sure!

As for the worm graphic... well, it's just a cute graphic. Most of the people doing this are adults like you. We just like a mascot graphic! 😃

Thanks for your participation and your help!!

Posted

ty. Just a thought... I noted the highlighted markings sometimes flash - not good for epilepitcs?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin in response to stonepenny's comment.

We haven't had any complaints to that nature so far, but I'll keep an eye out!

Posted

• jude_60 by jude_60

The videos seem to seize up at the end of the 30 seconds and won't let me access the next video. Is this a glitch?

Posted

• Quia by Quia moderator in response to jude 60's comment.

What browser are you using? There is a known issue with Firefox where this sometimes happens, I'm not aware of any issues with other browsers.

Posted